Friday, August 24, 2012

A Cavern of Black ice - J.V. Jones

Forgive my lack of posting this week.  It is still chaotic at work, and I am not getting in until after 8 pm most evenings.  On top of that, I am trying to organize a raid team (if you've got a puzzled look on your face at that last statement, remember this is the blog of a nerd girl.  I stab orcs, slay the undead and do battle with the Empire on a regular basis).

It took me THREE WEEKS, but I finally finished Cavern of Black Ice today.  Why did it take me that long to read a good book, you say?  Well, this WAS a good book.  Don't get me wrong, but gosh it just had so many different angles to build the plot from that it really made for slow reading.  I got very distracted several times during my reading, which doesn't often happen with me. 

Now, it wasn't slow in the sense that the story never picked up.  Cavern had it's moments from the very beginning and I was immensely curious about the dynamic present between Ash and her foster father, Penthero Iss.  In looking over the next few books in this series, it looks as though the story continues in fragments, but it also sees the separation of paths with Raif and Ash.  (Which is disappointing, as I want them to be together!!)

I'm not sure if I'll continue the series or not.  I likely will, I just hope I can get engrossed in them like I usually do with a good series.  I like Jones's writing--The Barbed Coil was an excellent read.  So, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.