Friday, August 10, 2012

TGIF (1)

GIF at GReads is weekly event hosted by Ginger from GReads.  The features allows us to recap the weeks posts and to answer a book-related question proposed by Ginger.  This week’s question is:
Unexpected Books: Which books did you have reservations about reading, but ended up loving once you did?

  1. Hunger Games, Susanne Collins Yep, you read that right.  I was initially leery of beginning Hunger Games because I was sorely disappointed by Twilight.  I was afraid HG would be yet another tween fad series that (in my opinion) stunk.  Sorry to any Twihards out there.  
  2. Playing With Fire, Gena Showalter -  When I read this, I was desperate.  I had just flown in to see family and my parents are pretty tame.  As in go to bed by dark tame.  And I had devoured my plane read on the plane, of course.  My second selection, whatever it was, wasn't very engrossing.  Thus, I decided to go through my mom's stack of paperbacks, where I came across Playing With Fire.  It's a paranormal romance... I know, I know.  I claim to not read romance novels.  BUT, this one was cute without being gag inducing.  Showalter is clever and quite funny, so I ended up really liking the series.  I now read her books when I'm in need of something that's funny and brainless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.