This month's segment of new releases features some books that aren't coming out for awhile, but I am excited anyway. Not to mention, I just found out about some of them!!
1. Ever After - Kim Harrison, January 2013: Hooo Boy, am I excited about this one. I love me some Rachel Morgan. She's just such a funny character. It never fails that I can pick up the Hollows series and it puts me in a good mood. There is apparently also one more book after this. **Also, there is apparently going to be a series on CW. SQUEEEEE!
2. A Memory of Light - Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson, January 2013: Oh my, oh my. Finally. I don't say that in the sarcastic, whiny way. It's more of the reverent sort of way. I'm excited, I'm anxious. I'M STILL NOT DONE WITH THE FIVE BOOKS THAT PRECEDE IT!!!!! For those that don't know, Robert Jordan passed away in 2007. And he's another of my idols. One that I know I will never, ever be able to emulate, let alone touch. Somehow, Stephen King is more real to me. Maybe it's the fact that his On Writing gives some insight. Maybe it's also the fact that he's still alive. But, I admire Jordan and adore the series. One of my 2013 challenges will be to finish this series.
3. Touchstone - Melanie Rawn, December 2012: I am ambivalent about this one. I love Melanie Rawn. I do. Or maybe I should say that I love the Dragon Prince novels. Those were awesome covered in awesome sauce with a side of.... awesome. Ruins of Ambrai was lovely. After she had some personal things to deal with and decided to set RoA aside, I was so annoyed that I refused to pick up any of her other novels. I currently have The Golden Key checked out from the library. So, we'll see after I read The Golden Key as to whether or not I pick up this one. This is technically already released, but it's slated for paperback at the end of this year.
4. Cold Days - Jim Butcher, November 2012: If you've not read about the world's most attractive wizard private investigator, now is the time to do so, since this one is released in November (just in time for my birthday, cough cough). I love these books. Harry has to be another one of my favorite characters. These books are more of those kind that can just make me feel good by reading them. Harry Dresden will cure whatever ails you.
5. Still Life with Shapeshifter - Sharon Shinn, November 2012: I read Shinn's Samaria series. They were interesting and I enjoyed them quite a bit. I'll have to put my hands on The Shape of Desire, as Still Life is the second in a series. It sounds quite interesting.
That's all for now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.