Thursday, August 9, 2012

Darkfever

Oh my word, I forgot about Rewind Wednesday!  My apologies, dear readers!!  This week at work has been a bit chaotic, not to mention Cavern of Black Ice is slow, slow going, though it is quite good.

So, tonight (let's all just pretend that I DIDN'T forget to post last night) I'm going to write about the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning.  These books are a great urban fantasy series that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I'm not sure how I came across them--might have been a freebie on the ol' Nook a couple years ago.  But, I read them and just couldn't stop.  There are five books total, the latest being released in January 2011. 

The series is about a young girl named MacKayla who goes to Dublin to investigate the death of her sister, who was studying abroad.  Well, MacKayla's world gets turned topsy turvey when she discovers that she is a sidhe-seer (a human who can see pass the glamour a Fae casts to appear human).  MacKayla gets caught up in a hunt for the Sinsar Dubh... and she gets to kick Fae ass while she's at it.  Nothing makes me happier than a kick butt heroine.

The one thing that kind of makes the books rub me a little wrong is the romance element, but it's not painful too bad.  All in all, it is a fun read--they go pretty quickly.  I missed the release of the last book and recently checked it out from the library, only to discover that I couldn't recall if I'd read the previous book.  So, I'll be rereading these when I get around to it.

Also, there has apparently been so much love for the books that there is talk of a movie, which would be fun (I'd rather see the Rachel Morgan books as a movie or a Buffy-esque type television series).  Now I'm thinking about who I'd like to see play MacKayla and Jericho Barrens.  Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.