Firstly, I have mixed feelings about this.
What was wrong with Ready Player One? Well, not a lot. But, enough to make it slightly painful to read. It had a strong start and it struck me as a very friendly book to a wide range of audiences. It hit all the high points that you could possibly imagine within the nerd kingdom. My gripe is the romance aspect. It was just eye roll inspiring.
As I stated in my initial review of RPO, I like Cline's writing. And I loved the nuanced aspect of touching on literally every nerd thing. And I do mean ALL OF THE NERD THINGS. I fully give it a 7/10 - would read again. But, I am really hoping for more evidence of his great writing.
Just leave out the teen romance.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.