Sunday, May 19, 2013

New Releases (Things that make me SQUEE!)

I am a lazy, lazy blogger.  Sue me. 

Here's my list of things I am excited about:

1. New Vampire Weekend - They have a song about punctuation (Oxford Comma).  Does it now make sense as to why I love, love, love them?  I'm currently previewing their whole (new) album, and will likely download it shortly.

2. And the Mountains Echoed, Khaled Hosseini - I had no idea he was writing a new book.  I loved both Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns.  It's been so long since I read both that I cannot recall which I liked the best.  Hosseini is a phenomenal writer, and I think it's an absolute crime that there are only three books by him.

3.  The Rithmatist, Brandon Sanderson - Okay, we all know Sanderson is awesome.  I mean, Robert Jordan's window pegged him to finish WoT.  That's got to mean something, right?  Mind you, I've only read one short story by Sanderson, and I haven't gotten to his part of WoT yet, but I think he's pretty good.  The premise sounds good and I'm quite intrigued.  Sanderson does so very well at building a believable world (which says a lot coming from me, as I've only ever read Firstborn and I really wanted there to be more to it).

4. I travel by Night, Robert R McCammon - Holy Tardis! McCammon has returned to horror.  Thank God.  I did not like Speaks the Nightbird at all, and stopped following McCammon's work since I read it.  I keep meaning to return and finish Boy's Life and a few others.  Just haven't yet.  And, we do know I like vampire books--there really hasn't been a decent one in quite a long time.  Thanks Stephanie Meyer.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.