Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Book haul (7)


So, I'm feeling a little under the weather.  I went out last night in search of hot and sour soup...  I ended up at Half Price Books.  You know you have a serious thing for books when you pop into a bookstore while ill.  So, I picked up a few things.  I got excited, as I found the first five volumes of Witchblade...  Sadly, they were falling to pieces and I didn't get them.  But, that is what Amazon is for.  I found a nice hard cover version of Gunslinger Born, but I behaved. 

So, here is where I misbehaved:







1. The Good Earth, Pearl S. Buck - It's been on my list of things to read for awhile, so I snagged a copy for under $2. 

2. The Screwtape Letter, C.S. Lewis - Had a copy of this some time back, but I don't know what happened to it.  Can't have too much C.S. Lewis.

3. Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Milay, Nancy Milford - So, Edna St. Vincent Milay is one of my favorite poets.  She was quite a lady, so I'm looking forward to reading this.

4. Invisible Monsters, Chuck Palahniuk - My favorite title by Palahniuk.  My copy disappeared into the nether, so happy to have another on my shelf.

5. Serenity: Those Left Behind - I did a nerd purr when I found this.  I had completely forgotten about these.  So very glad I found it.  I really want the one that tells Book's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.