Friday, November 2, 2012

Book Haul (4)

Hit up B&N yesterday.  One of my favorite places.  However, I must say that the selection from the poetry section was seriously, seriously lacking.  I'll be hitting up Amazon to reacquire copies of things I got rid of during my many moves or have misplaced.






1. E.E. Cummings, Erotic Poems - I've really missed digging into Cummings.  His style is inspiring, and I've tried to emulate it several times.  I think he is just truly amazing, though I will say this isn't the book to be reading in public, as there are some of his erotic drawings included as well.  An excerpt from a favorite of mine that isn't anywhere near erotic, in my opinion:

(So,when kiss Spring comes
we'll kiss each kiss other on kiss the kiss
lips because tic clocks toc don't make
a toctic difference
to kisskiss you and to
kiss me)

2. Jack Kerouac, On the Road - Holy crap, I have no clue how I've missed reading this, but I did.  I'm pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.