I've been thinking hard about how I'm going to challenge myself in the reading department over the next year. I've always wanted to be that girl who is well read. Not really an important quality, and doesn't really get me much, but I like my books. I like my words. And reading makes me happy.
Now, I'd been thinking I'd do the Rory Gilmore reading list (I've been watching Gilmore Girls a lot lately), and it is a long and difficult list. I've previously read something around fifty of the titles on the list of two hundred plus. But, I'm thinking of modifying it to something else--I'd actually like to spend my reading time over the next year hitting all those must read books I've missed. It is a bit strange to me that I missed reading The Giver until I was twenty eight years old. And I've never read Catch-22 or Catcher in the Rye. I've never read anything by Vonnegut. So, over this last part of 2012, I'm putting together a list of books I hope to read during next year... And yes, I am hopeless--said list will include hitting Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Persuasion and Picture of Dorian Gray for yet another re-read. I just cannot help myself.
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -Charles de Secondat
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.