I've mentioned how much I love kick ass heroines, right? Well, if I haven't...
I have to say, I think Mercy is quickly becoming a favorite. I love the fact that she knows she's not really qualified to deal with all the crazy, preternatural stuff that keeps popping up in her life and she gets her ass handed to her on a regular basis, but still handles her business. That's just so... Awesome. I have never been a big fan of the whole damsel in distress thing. Granted, I know my limits and when to ask for help. And so does Mercy, for the most part. Well, so long as you don't count the whole getting involved with Fae, vampires and werewolves. She doesn't make the wisest choices, but she does make sure she sticks to her guns.
My question is: Where were Rachel Morgan, Mercy Thompson, and even Dante Valentine when I was a girl?? I think I would have a totally different outlook if I'd had these as a kid. Mind you, my mom has always been a "I'll fix it my own damned self!" type, and I'm a bit like that as well. I don't tend to sit on my hands and let someone else solve my problems for me. Just doesn't sit well, you know? I think it'd be nice to have a more PG version of these in YA books. Are there ones I don't know about??
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.