Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Book Haul (3)

I've dived right back into reading voraciously.  Which makes me a pleased panda.


Starting from the top:

1. Patricia Briggs, Iron Kissed: I've actually already finished this one.  Started it last night and just could not put the darned thing down.  I'll do a review tomorrow.

2. Patricia Briggs, Bone Crossed: the next book after Iron Kissed.  I hate going too long in between the next book in a series.  I much prefer being able to read the whole series through in a short period of time...  Note to self: finish the Wheel of Time soon before you forget what has happened in the last forty (kidding, there's only thirteen) books. 

3. Patricia Briggs, River Marked (forgot to include it in the stack): See note above re: books in a series.  They must be read all at once.  At once, I tell you!!

4. J.V. Jones, Fortress of Grey Ice: I almost didn't pick this up, but I have til January to finish it, and I will likely bookwhore it and read it while I read other stuff.

5. Chuck Palahniuk, Snuff: Okay, I love me some Palahniuk.  Weird, morbid, strange as his stories are.  I love them all the same.  They're so damned clever and...  Just, holy crap.  They're good.  If you've not read anything by Palahniuk, be prepared.  He's sort of out there.  Start with Fight Club, if you've not had any experience with him.  It's not tame, per say, but it isn't as out there as, say Invisible Monsters (which is my favorite).

6. Stephen King, The Gunslinger & The Drawing of the Three: So, I've read both these, but never finished the series.  I'm beginning to see a trend here.  I promise, I do finish a series.  Eventually.  Writers should, you know, write faster.  I'm stoked about the end of this series.  I love the sci-fi, western, fantasy combination King has done here and how many elements and characters from his other novels tie in.  It's massively engrossing.

7. Chuck Palahniuk, Rant: Another I haven't read. 

8. Gillian Flynn, Sharp Objects: I went in search of Gone Girl, and should have known better, since it's on the best seller list currently.  So, I selected this instead.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.