Finally, after many, many days left unfinished, I have finally moved past book 8 in the Wheel of Time Series. I don't have much of an opinion on it, as I started it months ago and just finished today (with about a dozen other books in between). I started Winter's Heart today... we'll see if I finish it.
Another book I finished yesterday--yes, I finished two books yesterday. Path of Daggers was nearly done anyway, so I finished it after I read The Awakened. I didn't hate it. Nor did I exactly love it, either. The story was interesting, but not overly engrossing. I found the writing to be very stilted and awkward. There was a distracting amount of description, which was completely unnecessary to the progression of the story. Tesar writes clearly, don't get me wrong. And I fully believe you can't be too clear. But, there is such a thing being overly wordy (which is my biggest fear). For a free e-book, I can't really complain, but I can't say I like reading something that makes me constantly itch for a red pen.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.