Sunday, May 18, 2014

Ft. Worth Music Festival

Was out past midnight this morning, on my way home from Panther Island Pavilion.  I had the pleasure of hearing some great local bands (I have to go back and listen to a few, due to having good conversation with a long lost friend).  I also had the pleasure of listening to three bands I had already heard of: Airborne Toxic Event, Dale Earnheardt Jr. Jr. (Yes, there are two Jr.'s), and best of all.... Jimmy Eat World.  Holy crap, it was such an amazing show!  Granted, there were a ton of 30-something's, myself included... And I really expected more jostling.  It was a super tame crowd, not at all what I expected, which was cool, considering I made the choice to wear some toe baring gladiator sandals.  But, it was definitely nothing like the Macklemore & Ryan Lewis show I went to for my birthday.  Again, which was fine.  I, however, danced and sang until I was dead tired last night.

I guess, since m focus was more on the original music I heard from them so, so very long ago (The Middle was during my senior year of high school).  I had, on previous occasions, given a listen to new releases and liked a couple songs, but my taste in music got put up on the shelf for a few years. I've recently dusted off a few things I liked then, and turns out a few things are still good (like JEW), and a few are not...

Anyway, it was a super fun day--I enjoyed my friend, she bought me tons of Rahr Blondes, which were freaking delicious, by the way.  Maybe it was because it was sunny and warm, but I thoroughly enjoyed ever single one, especially after the smoking hot quesadilla we had.  Geesh, I love festival food.  I'm sure it was from one of the many amazing FW food trucks.  Next year, I will most certainly invest in the two day VIP tickets, as I sadly missed Billy Gibbons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.