Saturday, April 19, 2014

Whiskey Cake

Had a date.  The most important part was the part where I had the food, at this lovely place in Plano, called Whiskey Cake. 

Starting with the appetizer--our server suggested the goat cheese fondue, which was delicious.  I was hoping for the fried green tomatoes, but I couldn't really argue with fondue.  I really like fondue.  Especially if it's the goat cheese variety.  There were olives on the side, and the bread that went with was wonderful.

Drinks were fantastic.  I had a margarita type thing, not sure if it was on the menu, but it was grapefruity and delicious.  Not too sweet, which worked for me.  Date had a drink called a Tennessee Stud with this amazing whiskey that's been aged in port wine barrels.  A little on the strong side for me, but pretty tasty.  He had a sour something that I didn't try, but it did disappear.

Dinner was made of fish, specifically the Texas Striped Bass, which was served over broccoli slaw--I was concerned about that at first, but decided give it a try anyway.  Was definitely a good decision.  Portions seemed alarmingly small at first, but mostly because the fish was on top of the veggies, but it was all just the right amount.  There was also some warm sliced avocado. 

Which brings us to dessert.  Holy crap, Whiskey Cake is aptly named for their wonderful whiskey cake.  It was warm and delicious, with spiced pecans and fresh whipped cream over the top.  Definitely enough for two people... Or just one, if you're eating just the cake.  It was wonderful and I felt that I could die happy afterwards.  I also felt stuffed and quite satisfied. 

Definitely going to have to go back, even if it's just for drinks in a week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.