So, initially, I should point out that Sarah shamed me into reading this. Yes, I know. It is apparently required reading during school. I somehow missed that when I moved from the Houston area to Deep-East-Middle-of-Nowhere, Texas.
I liked it enough that I felt it warranted purchasing the whole trilogy. I'm working on the second book right now, while Mark watches Game of Thrones. Speaking of which, I need to catch up on. Not sure I'll ever finish the books. They're so tedious. How am I supposed to root for a character when they're going to die in the next few chapters? All that leaves are bad guys. And nobody cheers for those. Well, unless they're hunchbacked, wily and clever.
Anyway, The Giver. I must be on a streak with the dystopian novels. I admittedly like them--apocalyptic ones as well. Sometimes I think I must be a bit morbid, but really I like seeing someone unmask our lovely society, and I often wonder just what would happen. I mean, we've seen inklings--beatings over one sports team or another, riots during and after a natural disaster.
I like to think that my family would be okay. Well, if we survived whatever the initial disaster was. We're a pretty self-sufficient bunch. I'm one of the only people in my very, very small group of friends who could actually start a fire and feed myself. Granted, I'd need a few key items, but that is besides the point.
On a different note, J.K. Rowling's first adult novel will be out September 27th of this year. [happy dance] I've been looking forward to getting my hands on this for the longest time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.