I'm not quite done yet, but thought I'd post anyway. I'm allowed, as I've read it twice before.
I love this book. It could possibly surpass Swan Song on my favourite book list. Perhaps I'll read Swan Song after, and we'll see. I'm not much on religion of any kind. I've got a... Loose grasp on how I feel about God, and I'm pretty comfortable with that. My faith fluctuates, but seems to endure for the most part.
The Sparrow, though... It always seems to restore my faith. And not just in God, but also myself and humanity (though the humanity aspect never lasts long--usually that's gone after one good span of awful traffic). I find myself questioning so many things in my life every time I read this... I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad. But, today I am finding myself to be a restless mess.
So, a run is in order. And then a nap. Finishing a good book with a cup of tea should sort me out.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.