Monday, December 3, 2012

The Halfling's Gem/The Legacy - R.A. Salvatore

I'm so very angry!!  Damn you, R.A. Salvatore!!  I'm not going to say why I'm angry, due to spoiling an ending, but seriously man? 

Also, I'm a little angry because I'd like to get the next book, which I have no access to.  Well, I could buy it at work.  But, that sort of defeats the purpose of having a job.  Working in a bookstore is so dangerous for me, but I love it.

So, the books!  My word, I am liking the way the story is going (for the most part).  I can never get enough of the fight scenes in Salvatore's books.  They are amazing and masterful, and I only hope that one day I can paint such an amazing scene with words.  He does such a great job of spinning out the action and communicating the movement of every character during a battle.  You never have to sit and think, "wait, wait, what just happened?"  I love that about Salvatore.  I cannot stand reading a book and wondering what the hell is going on during a large amount of action.  Gah!  I don't know what else to say without giving anything away.

Read them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.